Magnolia grandiFLORA: The digital herbarium for Mississippi
Welcome to the home of Magnolia grandiFLORA, the scientific and educational resource for plant diversity in Mississippi. You
- Access digital images of more than 400,000 pressed specimens housed in herbaria across Mississippi
- Find lists of species, pictures,
and identification keys for many plants
- See maps of where particular species occur throughout Mississippi
- Find educational resources
for teaching and learning about plants
- Find out about new species discovered in Mississippi and other on-going research projects
a botanist to learn more about plants you find
Customize searches by collection, location, or species. Images are also available of the herbarium sheets.
This project is funded by the National Science Foundation and the participating institutions.
Imaging and databasing are underway in all collections.
Data to be available online in early spring, 2014.